Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hopscotch!



Occasionally, I will look to some of my favorite children's clothing collections for inspiration for new sewing projects.  Kelly's Kids is one of those collections, and I really liked this dress when I saw it, so I decided to try to make one like it:  http://www.kellyskids.com/kkids/spring_11/wmadditm.pgm?ikey=18MCRKD05&zgroup=I&rnd=122308&catref=04A


I started with the same Otto t-shirt pattern that I used for the other playdress, narrowing the shoulder and cutting the opening in the back.  The ruffle was made from a doubled piece of fabric and attached to the neckline with the binding.  I love everything about it. 
My version is longer than the original, and it is a little loose on her, but I expect that she will wear it a lot this summer, and maybe even next.  It almost looks like a nightgown to me though.  I guess it is my fabric choice, but this was another one of the knits that needed to be sewn up before it became too babyish, so here it is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment