Wednesday, February 9, 2011


Occasionally, I will look to some of my favorite children's clothing collections for inspiration for new sewing projects.  Kelly's Kids is one of those collections, and I really liked this dress when I saw it, so I decided to try to make one like it:

I started with the same Otto t-shirt pattern that I used for the other playdress, narrowing the shoulder and cutting the opening in the back.  The ruffle was made from a doubled piece of fabric and attached to the neckline with the binding.  I love everything about it. 
My version is longer than the original, and it is a little loose on her, but I expect that she will wear it a lot this summer, and maybe even next.  It almost looks like a nightgown to me though.  I guess it is my fabric choice, but this was another one of the knits that needed to be sewn up before it became too babyish, so here it is. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a thing for cotton nighties,i was 13 and my cousin was 8 and had to stay at our house and no bed so she shared mine, once I knew for sure she was sleeping I figured I would put my hand up her nightie and rub her p---y thru her knickers, HOLY F--K no knickers so I pulled up her nightie and f---d her, never had nicer p---y in my life I would gladly do it again if I could