Friday, February 4, 2011

From the Vault and on the Table

I was very happy with the way this set turned out.  The purse is the Amy Butler Birdie Sling and the wallet is my own pattern.  The fabric is also Amy Butler's design; it is called Lacework on Brown and while it isn't what I would have chosen had the purse been for me, it ended up being a perfect choice for the pattern.

I'm working on a play dress for Jenna at her request.  She wanted pink hippos, so that's what she's getting.  Plus, it took all of the rest of the pink hippo fabric to cut it out, and I'm very happy about that.  It will be similar to this version by L.L Bean:  http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58959?feat=505541-GN3 , and I'm going to write a tutorial for how you can make your own.

My girls love to wear dresses during the summer, especially on weekends.  They are easy to put on when they are in a hurry in the morning to run outside and play.  They need to be comfortable and casual, and most of all, washable.  Knit play dresses are the perfect option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment