Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Daisies

I have wanted to make this little blouse since I first saw it on the cover of Ottobre 1/2010 in a gorgeous brown gingham, but all of the gingham readily available to me is the super thin version that Joann's carries, and that would probably have been more than frustrating to work with. 


Today, I pulled this piece of fabric out of my stash. . .it has been there a couple of years.  It was basically a souvenir from my only trip to the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo in Atlanta, and I kept waiting for the perfect project to come up.  This month's challenge is to sew a new pattern, so I paired it with the Otto pattern and off I went.  

Some of the details are hidden in the print. . . including the gathering stitches that I still need to remove.

This kind of collar finish is new to me, and I really like the results.  I opted for white snaps instead of buttons. 

Allie says she likes it, but she hasn't agreed to try it on for me yet.  Such is life with an almost 7-year-old fashionista!  I think it will look great with a white skirt or capris.

 

1 comment: