Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dress Swap Dress. . .cherries and polka dots!

I'm participating in the Spring Dress Swap at Sewingmamas.  Swaps are really a lot of fun.  For this one, I'm making 2 size 5 dresses, and after they are sent to the swap sorter, I should received 2 dresses in return in the sizes I specified that we need.

It is a very good way to get some variety in the girls' wardrobes, and it is just plain fun to see what we will get. 

I'm happy with the way this dress turned out.  Both of my girls have walked by and asked if it is for them, so I'm taking that as a good sign.  Here it is, little girl approved!


The pattern is Kwik Sew 3542, which is designed for wovens, but as you can see, works just as well in knits.  The cherries are jersey, and the polka dots are interlock.  (I wouldn't recommend, however, trying this in a less stable rib knit.)


What are you sewing this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! I wouldn't mind wearing one myself on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the combination too--sadly, neither of my girls will get to wear it, but I think I may have enough fabric to make another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to sew for others, but there's always a part of me that's sad to see my handiwork leave.

    ReplyDelete