Saturday, June 4, 2011

Slump and Scrap Busting

Do you save your scraps?  Do you then wonder what to do with them?  If you are a quilter, I'm sure you have plenty of projects in mind for your scraps, but if you are like me, you save them with no real plan.  I have vague pictures in my mind of elaborate appliques that I can do on the girls' clothes, but I've only ever done 1 applique, and it was a very simple kite, so I think I shouldn't save scraps for appliques.  So, what to do? 

Let me recommend a project that is perfect for scraps.  It is also VERY quick, so it is great for pulling yourself up out of a slump.  Aren't they happy?!


Most of these are for my coworkers.  I'm leaving tomorrow for Denver for meetings, so I thought I would bring gifts.   I will put the rest of them up to use as stocking stuffers. 


See the vinyl window?  It holds a business card, which is so much better than filling out those flimsy paper luggage tags that they give you at the airport.  Plus, these make your suitcase super easy to spot among the 20 other black (or red, in my case) bags on the luggage conveyor.

The tutorial I used can be found here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment