Sunday, June 19, 2011

More Bathing Suits!

I've made the girls suits out of this fabric before, but as I said, the 2-yard cut lasts forever it seems. 



The patterns used were the same, but I did them slightly different.  I cut the top of Allie's as suggested in the pattern and used the same Kwik Sew pattern for both girls' bottoms.  The bottoms are fully lined and both tops are lined in front but not in back.

I did use lastin for these as suggested in the pattern for the top.  Lastin and I haven't historically been friends, but we've come to a begrudging truce, and I'm glad.  The pattern said to apply lastin to the bottom edge of the top of the suits before applying binding.  I've got to tell you, it made all the difference in the world.  The tops didn't ride up at all. . .even through a lot of this!


I added a flower to Jenna's to cover up a small blunder with the binding on her top.


I've got Lagunas cut out for both girls and Jenna's is half-assembled.  I can't wait to show you--they are going to be adorable!

1 comment: