Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Day is Coming!

It is almost Valentine's Day, and both of my girls will, of course, have parties at school.   What is a mama to do, but make sure they have shirts that fit the theme, right? 

I bought some super-cute conversation hearts knit.  It is white with small scattered conversation hearts. . .you know, like the candy.  What I have found out about fabric with a white background and smallish print is that  it often results in clothes that look like pajamas.  In an effort to avoid the dreaded jammy-effect, I asked for pattern suggestions over at sewingmamas, and someone suggested the Farbenmix Antonia.  I don't have this particular pattern, but I do think it is really cute, so I pulled out my Ottobre 4/04 magazine and traced a basic t-shirt pattern to use to copy the Antonia. 

This is for Jenna. 

I top-stitched my seams with the chain-stitch on my coverstitch machine.  I don't know why I forget about this stitch. . .I do really like the results.

I'm trying to perfect a technique for applying neckline binding using my coverstitch binder in the round, and although it isn't perfect, I'm getting close!

and from the back.  Like I said, it isn't perfect yet.


What do you think?  Does it look like a pajama shirt?

I don't think Allie will go for the uber-cute scrappy style, as she, in true-almost-tween-form, is too cool for it, so I need to come up with an idea for her.  Let me know if you have any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment