Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just a Mug Rug for Mother's Day.

Wow, it's been a little while, hasn't it?  I'm sorry about that!  I've been busy and away from my sewing table, but I had yet to complete the April challenge at http://www.sewingmamas.com/.  The challenge was to sew something for a mother, who couldn't be myself.  I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to make, but I finally settled on a mug rug. 

Have you heard of mug rugs?  I hadn't either until recently, but essentially, it is quilted mat that can be used as a coaster for a mug of coffee or tea and a snack.  Here is my version.  I'm not a quilter, and I miscalculated when deciding on my method for applying the binding, so I had to improvise.  I think it is cute, and I think Mama will like it, so there you go!



I also made both girls a dress this morning for a photo session.  I did take pictures of them, but they don't really showcase the dresses very well, so I'll show those to you later.

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment