Monday, January 31, 2011

Stash!


It hasn't been that long ago that I bought fabric with a specific project in mind and only when I was getting ready to make that project.  Those days are gone though, and I've built up quite a little stash.    It seems that many of us who sew have the same propensity for collecting.

Tomorrow is the first day of the stash game over at sewingmamas, a game designed purely to encourage us to sew through some of our unused yardage.  You get points for sewing fabric and lose points for buying or otherwise acquiring fabric for the whole month of February.  For some of us, it is a good thing it is a short month!  There are prizes too. . .most of them are, ironically enough, fabric.

I've never participated, and I probably won't this time either because I don't get enough sewing time to be a real contender, but I will play my own version in the spirit of the original game. 

For the month of February, I'm not going to buy any fabric unless I need something to coordinate with something I already have on a project I'm currently working on.  Some of my prints are getting a little bit babyish for my girls and will inevitably look like PJ's sewn up, so I'm going to try to sew them all up until they are gone. 


Isn't it pretty?  But some of it definitely needs to go, so wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment