Sunday, November 27, 2011

A couple of knock-offs. . .

I really like long weekends!  Even though this one was very busy with the holiday and out-of-town family in visiting, I still managed to get a couple of projects done. 

A friend asked if I would make an apron for her little girl for a Christmas present.  She sent me a picture of an apron she liked and asked if I could make something similar.   Here is my version.  I think it turned out super cute!



And, I came across this skirt on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for Allie for pictures.  I love everything about it. . .the color. . .the ruched waistband. . .the bow. . .the fact that it is made out of simple cotton fabric.  I bought 3 yards of gray quilting cotton and pulled out my Sew What Skirts book to draft the top part of the pattern.  Here it is, modelled by Allie's duct tape dress form from a few years ago, which is a few sizes too small.



I've never used a narrow hem foot since I don't have one, but as I hemmed the skirt and the bow, I found myself wishing for one.


I'm going to do the girls' pictures in gray, teal, and black outfits.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment